Motion Lab Activity
Page 19 of 19
Let's review. For a Position Versus Time graph:
- the y-coordinate of a point gives the position of the object at the time given by the x-coordinate,
- the y-value of the y-intercept is the initial position of whatever object is represented by the graph,
- the slope is the velocity,
- a steeper slope means a velocity with a larger size,
- a shallower slope means a velocity with a smaller size,
- a positive slope means a positive velocity (motion in the positive direction),
- a negative slope means a negative velocity, and
- a Position Versus Time graph which is curvy, changes direction, or has a change in slope represents accelerated motion.
Click the link in the lower right-hand corner of the screen to start the lab quiz. The lab quiz is open-book and open-note, and you may work with your classmates on it. You may attempt this lab quiz as many times as you would like, and the highest grade will count towards your course grade. Once you start it, make sure you complete it and submit it. If you do not complete and submit the lab quiz, you will earn 0/50 on the "Motion Lab Activity."